Groups from Seventh-day Adventist church and educational institutions who are planning a short-term trip (60 days or less, including travel) are asked to register with NAD Office of Volunteer Ministries (OVM) before their trip.
For questions, contact Pearly David, Short-Term Volunteer Coordinator.
Since this online form cannot be saved before submitting, it's best to have the following information ready before you complete it:
- Name of organization, contact person, and trip leader
- Number of participants - lay people and denominational employees
- Insurance policy number and coverage dates (ARM Short-Term Travel)
- Contact person and info at destination
- Organizations, cities, countries, divisions to be visited
- Purpose of trip
- Date by which supporting documentation will be sent to Pearly David
- Approval dates for governing board and conference or union
The following supporting documentation should be emailed to Pearly David before we can vote your trip:
- Travel itinerary, which includes all Adventist churches/institutions to be visited.
- Screenshot of first page of the State Department Travel Alerts and Warnings for each country your group is visiting. (It is also recommended to enroll in STEP).
- Acknowledgement statement that all participants have received required immunizations.
- Copies of signed parental consent forms for participants under 18.
After your group's application has been processed and voted by OVM Appointees Committee, then the following entities will be notified:
- Your group contact person
- GC Mission Personnel Processing Committee (MPPC) and NAD Office of Education (if applicable)
- The divisions you will be visiting so they are aware of your visit to their territory